Abatec are recruiting for a Commissioning Engineer to join a Utilities contractor on a permanent basis in Devon. Our client is a framework contractor and can offer stability and security of work. The successful candidate will be involved in the commissioning of Mechanical, Electrical and combined schemes across Devon and Cornwall.
As Commissioning Engineer you will:
- Be involved in the preparation of commissioning plans.
- Prepare commissioning documentation including Manuals, Inspection & Test Plans (ITP’s) and Inspection & Test Reports (ITR’s).
- Review P&ID diagrams and suggest strategies to commission plant and equipment into existing processes in line with specifications without compromising process and reducing risks.
- Attend commissioning meetings with clients and engineering and operational teams.
- Perform factory acceptance testing for major items of plant.
- Commissioning equipment including:
- Motor Control Centres
- Pumping Plant
- Process Equipment
- Standby Generation Equipment
- Various Instrumentation
Our client requires a Commissioning Engineer with:
- Knowledge of PLC software packages (preferred).
- Experience of performing and supervising NICEIC electrical installation testing to C&G 2391.
- ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent.
- Experience of working within the Water sector.
- Valid SMSTS, CSCS and First Aid certificates.
- EUSR Blue Water hygiene card.
- Salary up to £44,000 pa
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday (exc bank holidays)
- 5% employer contribution pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Free parking
- + additional benefits.
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Robert Dyer on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 31784. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to Robert.email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.