A fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest construction projects. Abatec are recruiting for a freelance Environmental Engineer to join a prominent contractor on site at Hinkley Point C in Somerset. The successful contractor will provide support to the project team, ensuring the delivery of works adheres to our clients environmental obligations. The scope of work is varied and will require a positive outlook and can do attitude.
As Environmental Engineer you will:
- Make sure that all personnel have an understanding of the environmental responsibilities and work in compliance with the obligations.
- Put into practise the requirements of the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management System.
- Review RAMS.
- Complete Environmental Risk Assessments (ERA).
- Record and report any environmental incidents.
- Perform regular environmental inspections, recording observations and logging onto an environmental inspection record.
Our client requires an Environmental Engineer with:
- Relevant professional experience, ideally including contaminated land and remediation projects.
- Knowledge of groundwater technologies and an understanding of CL:AIRE definition of waste
- Diploma in Environmental Management (or equivalent).
- Negotiable day rate
- Long term contract duration
- Monday to Friday working hours
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Kelly Evans on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 32028. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.