Abatec Recruitment are currently looking to recruit Highway Maintenance Operatives based in Gloucester area.
The successful candidate will be a proactive member of a gang primarily responsible for setting out, maintaining and removing traffic management as well as general reactive and planned highway repairs with a willingness to join out of hours call out rotas for emergencies and (once trained) winter maintenance.
Operatives will normally work in two man crews completing a variety of small works, for larger schemes the successful candidates will be working in larger teams.
What will this role involve:
- Maintain high technical standards, attend project and work briefings as required
- Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
- Undertake winter and emergency call out and standby (Winter maintenance operations)
The successful candidate:
- Able to take responsibility for traffic management.
- Ability to deal effectively with peers, client representatives and the general public.
- Understand and follow basic work procedures to ensure adherence to health, safety, environmental and quality standards.
- NRSWA Qualified (Not essential)
- CSCS card (Not essential)
- Weekly Pay
- Good rates (rates depend on tickets held and experience)
- Opportunities to Progress
This role is an urgent requirement and Interviews are set to take place shortly, please apply ASAP to avoid missing out. Immediate starts available!
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact PJ on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 31890. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to Ryan.Anderson@abatec.co.uk
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.