Abatec is working with a national multi-discipline contractor to recruit a Site Engineer to join their Rail division. The company are a successful well know business and after successfully working as part of the CP6 framework they are now looking to expand the team. The first project will be working in Bath on signalling, stations and buildings up to the value of £6M.
If you have experience in the civil engineering sector ideally with Rail and have, worked in a main contractor environment and are looking for a new role please get in contact.
As a Section Engineer, you will:
- Provide effective supervision and guidance to less experienced engineering staff
- Mentor Site Engineers to develop into future Section Engineer role
- Undertake surveying and setting out of civil engineering works when required
- Ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with specification
- Operate and promote a high standard of health, safety and environment
- Plan and schedule the work and efficiently organise the site in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines Liaise and attend regular meetings with the Site Agent/Project Manager to update on progress of works
- Read and understand construction and other drawings, specifications and other technical information
- Calculate quantities and understand construction measurement methods
- Undertake requisition of plant and materials
- Produce/assist in the production of method statements, inspection and test plans and risk assessments and to ensure compliance of the same
Our client requires a Section Engineer with:
- Education to Degree level or equivalent (BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering is desirable)
- Experience of working within the civil engineering industry for a main contractor (essential)
- Sound knowledge of construction methods, QA, health and safety, and legal regulations
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and consistently deliver safe and efficient projects on time
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of working on major projects
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Lisa McNulty on 01934 635025 or 07920763695. The reference for this vacancy 31741. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.