Abatec is pleased to be working with one of the UKs largest civil engineering contractors to recruit a freelance Site Engineer. The successful candidate will work on a major highways project in the Berkshire area and should understand telecommunication systems, preferably in a managed motorways environment. In addition to this a civil engineering background is essential. The project in question still has 2 years to run, can provide stability and a varied work environment. Night shifts are regularly available, and in this instance, a suitable uplift will be provided.
As a Site Engineer you will:
- Set out on site where required
- Provide technical support to Project Managers by assisting with materials approvals, vetting of sub contractors’ compliance, inspection support on site, and reviewing of health and safety files
- Regularly communicate with internal and external stakeholders including local authority, Highways England and internal managers
- Assist in the development the technical briefs provided to the design and construction contractor for improvement and renewals work
Our client requires a Site Engineer with:
- Knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) standards and their application on the highways network
- A strong and demonstrable background in civil engineering (preferably in a major highways environment)
- A good understanding of telecommunication systems on major highways (lighting, signage, gantry, ducting etc)
- Relevant tickets including CSCS (SMSTS, first aid and others would also be beneficial)
Salary and benefits include:
- A competitive rate of pay (£270-£320 per day – x 1.25 for nightshifts)
- The opportunity to work on a high profile, major highway project in the area
- A stable and potentially long-term contract
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Ben Knight on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 31719. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.