Abatec is assisting a specialist subcontractor which works with Utility companies across the UK. Our client is recruiting for a Site Manager who comes from an engineering background and is capable of running civil engineering projects from inception to completion.
As well as supervising site operations, you will also be required to prepare/issue RAMS, Lift Plans etc, order materials and liaise with clients. The successful postholder will deliver Civil Engineering projects across the UK. My client will provide accommodation and evening meals.
As Site Manager you will:
- Be responsible for delivering projects to our client’s productivity, financial and health & safety standards.
- Understand the projects requirements and find solutions to potential problems.
Review drawings, liaising with Designers to ensure practical and cost-effective solutions.
Order materials and plant.
- Prepare RAMS, site files and lift plans ensuring all SHEQ site records are completed.
- Have regular contact with the clients and senior managment, reporting issues relating to costs, programmes, health & safety etc.
Our client requires a Site Manager with:
- HNC/Degree in Civil Engineering.
- SMSTS, Temporary Works Coordinator/Supervisor, CPCS Appointed Person/Lift Supervisor (preferable but not essential).
- A solid understanding of health and safety regulations and legislation.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of managing operatives and contractors on site.
- The ability to work to tight programmes.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A full UK driving licence.
- A good understanding of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Salary and benefits include:
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Kelly Evans on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 32751. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client