Abatec is working with a regional civil engineering contractor involved with a Highways England scheme in Wiltshire. We are currently recruiting for a freelance Works Manager who has experience of working on highways schemes. We can offer an immediate start on this civil engineering project which is due to complete in approximately 12 months time.
As Works Manager you will:
- Reporting into a Project Manager, you will be responsible for check method statements, risk assessments and construction phase plans
- Liaise with contractors to ensure programme dates are met
- Manage all permits and approvals for the schemes
- Assist in resolving site/construction issues
- Ensure schemes are constructed in accordance to the approved design
- Ensure workforce adhere to H&S and environmental rules
Our client requires a Works Manager with:
- Proven experience of working on highways schemes
- A solid understanding of health and safety regulations and legislation.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of managing operatives on site
- SMSTS, First Aid and CSCS
Salary and benefits include:
- £275 - £325 per day
- 12 month duration
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. Is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.